The Mannkal Economic Education Foundation’s Leadership Development Program is a world-renowned professional development and enrichment program for Western Australian university students. Our mission is to develop future free-market leaders and equip them with the professional skills they need to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
The Leadership Development Program provides young people with the opportunity to attend fully-funded conferences and undertake internships all around the world at more than 100 of our host partner think tanks.
Some elements of the program include:
- Work placements and opportunities in Perth
- Mentoring from successful business figures
- Intensive resume and interview preparation
- Invitations to industry events, meetings and site visits
- Recommendations for jobs, many of which are not formally advertised
To be eligible for a Mannkal scholarship, you must:
- Currently be enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student at a Western Australian university;
- Hold either Australian citizenship or permanent residency*
- Be based in Western Australia.
*International students are unfortunately not eligible for Mannkal scholarships; in very rare circumstances, an exception may be made. However, international students are very welcome to attend any of our seminars and events.
Attendance and participation at our seminars and other events is a requirement. Above all, Mannkal values entrepreneurialism and enthusiasm for a free and open society. We consider students from across all faculties and departments. Course marks are one consideration, but this should not exclude students who have made contributions in other areas.
Students are eligible for one conference and one internship, however, this is at the discretion of Mannkal. Additional conference opportunities may be offered throughout the year
Places are subject to availability and may change without notice. Applications are accepted and assessed on continual, rolling basis throughout the year. However, we must stress that the sooner you get your application, the better your chances are.